Sunday, September 17, 2006

Wristwarmers,crochet blocks and a cup of tea



A cup of tea in cross-stitch and you have no problems to sleep.This is a pattern I used for a card to a friend and I have done it before.I love it.It's from a swedish magazine and I don't know the designer.Can it be from DMC?

And one more type of granny square on the theme of late summer.I think of flowers late in the summer and a morning for fairies.We have had a lovely summer so I try to do different squares celebrating it.



I'm in a SAL knitting wristwarmers.A grey pair especially for my sister.She is very fond of modern clothes and she says grey is the colour for the winter and yes I think it's going to be a colour for the summer 2007 too.The cables are lovely.The pattern is from "pulsvärmare" by Birgitta Adolfsson page 56.I made them in Alpacka from Garnstudio.

Why not do a pair of wristwarmers as a present or a Christmas gift?I do.

6 comments:

Rosa said...

Jättefina! Din syster kommer att bli glad. Och ja, alla vill väl ha pulsvärmare i julklapp?

Ulla said...

Hejsan

Tack för de vänliga orden Rosmy.
Jag får väl kolla innan så den tilltänkta inte redan har 15 par.Men modet växlar så....
Min syster blir nog glad.

Thank you for your lovely words about my wristwarmers.I have to find out who has wristwarmers so I don't give her who already have 15 pairs.The fashion differs a lot from season to season so maybe ...
I really hope my sister like them.

Mimi said...

Hi Ulla!
I plan to make my sister a pair of wristwarmers too! If you know of a nice crochet pattern pls let me know...

Thank you! I received today the postcard you sent me - what a beautiful place Stockholm is! I love the buildings, the bridges, the water...its all beautiful!

Ulla said...

Mimi and you all

Here are links for crochet wristwarmers

http://crochet.about.com/od/wristwarmers/index.htm
http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/mittens_gloves.php

Yasmin said...

Wow Ulla !
You are keeping busy. Wrist warmers seem like a good idea for Christmas gifts. Maybe I'll make some too.
And I love that square. Lovely combination. You have an eye for colours.

Ulla said...

Thank you Yasmin

I really recommened wristwarmers.I hope you can see the links on the comments to Mimi.Many wristwarmers.And you also can do in lace and with beads

Have a nice weekend
Ulla