Thursday, March 31, 2016

Märta-Stinas hjärta(heart)-2 different ways of doing it


2 hearts on different fabrics and with different colors.Märta-Stina was a very good knitter and she has inspired many people doing the same patterns or doing their version of the patterns.The heart above is a designed version.Kerstin Hedvall has done this pattern for a tablecloth.I wanted to do one square in black  and  one in the colors Kerstin Hedvall used
http://www.solveigs-vantar.se/personer/maerta-stina-abrahamsdotter/

The square on the left is made in red 349 and in green 3787 on aida 14 / 1".I love it and it would be nice to do a little tablecloth,40cm x40cm, in this aida.It reminds me of Christmas,a holiday I really love.

Still I'm not ready with the course about black work.I used linen fabric , 21/ 1",and DMC 310.I think this heart in black would be nicer in thinner linen as I want to do it as a little decoration on some clothes.

Wish you a nice new month .

No comments: