Monday, October 31, 2005

Blackwork sampler II



Garden Paradise Blackwork sampler II from Stitcher´s world September 2004 is the pattern do.This is one of four squares.I have used DMC black 2 threads and DMC goldcoloured 2 threads.It's my first project in blackwork and perhaps I have this as a square in the niddle when I do a purse or.....It's really hard with gold thread and this is the first little embroidery and I know I'm going to do more.

Wish you good luck with what you are doing.
Ulla

6 comments:

Carol said...

Nice blog :-) I just found you while visiting my friend Bea's blog.

Ulla said...

Thank you Carol for your nice words
Ulla

Murcie said...

Hello Ulla,
your blackwork square looks lovely. I've never done blackwork, but I did some squares in redwork,
yours Gabriele from Germany

Ulla said...

Dear Gabriele

I recommened you blackwork.I saw on a french blog redwork to an natural linen.Very very beautiful.To combine with a gold thread gives a special view
My best wishes
Ulla

Rósa said...

Very nice blackwork piece. I have only done small pieces in blackwork, nothing this big and it's a lot of fun. You've done a great job with this one and the gold thread gives it a special something :-)

Ulla said...

Thank you Rósa for you nice words.
Black work is a lovey technique and i hope i can go on and perhaps do another design.