Sunday, March 04, 2007

February /March

Embroidery and quilting in a lovely combination I really love.
These 2 blogs are wonderful and I often find inspirations here.They both have links helping you to find new bloggers and useful information.

http://hideko-windfromtheeast.blogspot.com/
www.gunnelsvensson.blogspot.com

Hideko made a purse.Maybee I do one too.
I'm going to take part in a course in free embroidery,a course I follow at home and send in the results of each lesson and then get response.It's a course 2 members of Täcklebo broderiakademi started.

Knitting.

I have been 2 times to Finland the last weeks.
Mittens from Rovaniemi
http://lenealve.blogspot.com
October 2005 there you find a pair of mittens.Lovely soft colours in a special technique.

www.yarnharlot.ca
February 2006
She shows a little about the technique with several small "skeins".

I bought a pair of mittens in Rovaniemi but it seems to be patterns from Inari.Bright colours as in the traditional mittens from Rovaniemi but not the right pattern.Black main colour.
We also visited
www.santaclaus.fi/?dephd=8044
A nice but a little but too commercial place where you can find the"Santa",our fantasy figure who comes on Christmas Eve with presents to the family and especially to all the kind children.Often the mother or the father wnt out buying a newspaper or something else and he or she couldn't meet the Santa but the Santa left the presents also for the absent person.What fascinated me very much was the thousands of different Santas in different materials and forms.And the many tourists from many countries visiting this place.
We saw very big snowmen in snow -nearly double a human being in lenght.Very very nice.And the children could play a little too,slide on the ice. f ex.

I have made wristwarmers in feather stitch and 2 potholders
www.garnstudio.com
English pattern for the potholders and other patterns.Choose english.
81-13

2 comments:

Hideko Ishida said...

Thank you very much for your compliments. I am very honored if I could give you a few inspirations. I love your blog too.

Ulla said...

Thank you for your kind words.So happy to have you as a blogfriend.
Ulla