Friday, December 16, 2005

Latvian mittens-so many lovely mittens

So happy.My Latvian mittens -a patternbook with latvian mittens in many lovely patterns and colours.We have a Knit along here in Sweden where we try to do some of the mittens and I'm going to do a pair but I don't know which.

We have the lapplanders un the north of Europe and they also do mittens in bright colours and with some patterns which seem be relatives.Also on the island ,Gotland,they use some patterns much alike the latvian but they use the natural colours.

I found this blog and she has done a mitten I like very much.

http://www.purlwise.com/latvian_mitten/

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Ulla - I am so excited that you have joined the Mirabilia SAL! It will be wonderful getting to know you!

Ulla said...

Thank you Carol

I really looking forward this lovely SAL.

Thank you for the group.
Ulla