Sunday, October 28, 2012

Blue blue..................................................

A Christmas challenge in a patchwork group is to do 24 circles,1.5", and in blue,lilac,white,gold or silver fabrics and with decorations free for every one to choose.Some of my circles have a button on,other have beads or french knots on.Then we are going to have an exchange .I'm so excited to see what circles I'm recieving and in what colours and with what types of decorations.This is going to be one of our Christmas decorations.
2 days ago I got a lovely letter from a friend in Japan.We are writing about our everyday life,about happiness and about sad things.And we are inspiring each other in our hobbies.We love to work with fabrics and with patchwork.In this letter she sent me some cotton "kasuri".In the past this type of fabrics were used in clothes farmers were wearing ,for example coats,pants and so on.They are in a simple pattern but the yarn was prepared for these types of patterns.The third one has a warp with colours in rows and then the weaver only used one dark colour when they were weaving it.I thing we are going to do bags or pouches or....from it.Maybe I do a little drawstring bag. Yes I'm also doing more crochet squares for the warm blanket I'm going to use in the sofa when I'm going to take my power nap. Wish you all a nice new week.

No comments: