Sunday, January 31, 2016

Blackwork



During some months on the new year I'm going to learn more about Blackwork.I'm following a course on distance ,made by Pian Bates,and there are different things to work with
http://batesoblixt.se/?page_id=154

The first thing to work with is to choose a pattern from her choice and do something inspired of it.The longer one is made of 2 patterns with the difference I made some cross stitches here and there and put the two ones in a row.Very nice times and yes it took some houres to do. The little square is an example of how the little "star" is in different yarns,still black yarns in linen,cotton or wool yarns.I wish I had black silk yarn but that´s possible later on in the course when I also use thinner linen fabrics.

The next embroidery is to be an interpretation och a collage of pieces from  a newspaper.
                                                           I wish you all a lovely time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice,Ulla!!

Alma said...

Så vackert! Du kan då precis allt!