Sunday, November 20, 2005

A time full of joy and a time full of stitches

Hello all

To Bea-I start the fairy embroidery next weekend.So exciting.


Look at the pictures on the last update.

The dark period is here but I try to do some embroidery.
A.This is a small application of Raggedy Annie-well it was going to be that.She seems to have been eating a little bit to much.I made it as a Christmas present to a friend.Well I hope she likes it.

B.This is my first witch I´v ever done in cross-stitch and it was really funny.She is a combination of beauty and uglyness.Why not?!

http://atelierfeesbrodeuses-legouis.club.fr/nouveau_fichier83.htm

C.As I perhaps told you I'm a member of a handicraft course and ther we have to make patterns of our own.This is a print of it and then I took the motive in the middle and made a little cross-stitch embroidery with varigated threads in blue and dark pink.And it beame a little cat in the middle.Sorry the picture is so small.This took time but it was so funny to do so now I feel I can go on doing other patterns too.Not professional ones but ..

D.I found a pattern in a book where they only used these small stitches and made rows in different colours.This is a piece I only made to test the idea.I love it and I think I'm going on doing a purse or a small handbag or...later.In the japaneese sashiko they use these types of stitches and it's so decorative .You can use simple stitches and get so much effect.I love the idea.


I have a RR to do during the week and some presents to send away.Just now I'm also knitting a scarf for a friend.Soon we have Christmas and I love to do some small gifts for my friends.And I hope I can do some Christmas cards too.This is a lovely time but also a busy time and I have to work too.
Have a nice time

2 comments:

Crazy X-Stitcher Etc said...

I found the witch but I could not find the key for the chart. :( Is it hiding from me?

Ulla said...

If you mean the DMC-number I have no,I had to guess and perhaps the choice is a bit from the pattern DMC colours.