Saturday, June 10, 2006

Blue and yellow



This is a doily in blue and yellow from "Sömnad Handarbete nummer 2 1981".I made it in aida-12 squares/1" and the embroidery is done on a danish thin cotton from Handarbejds fremme,a just wonderful yarn to work with.The blue and yellow are the colours of the flag of Sweden.

My youngest son has his graduation on Friday and we had many flags around our village and nearly every present they did get had ribbons in these colours.We are so happy he had his graduation with good results and he still has the trust on the future.
And both my sons are at home until August.

I'm also a member of Project spectrum and the colour for June is blue.
The sky is blue.
My favourite colours is blue
The filet square also has a part in a blue colour I love most of all.

Now I have 2 days more on the work before my holidays.

2 comments:

Yasmin said...

Congratulations on your sons graduation.
I love the embroidery that you've done. The colours are good and so is the work. So neat !! The fillet square is so pretty too. Like that shade of blue, very soft and soothing colour.

Ulla said...

Thank you Pascale and Yasmin for your kind words.I love the blue colours so much too

Now I have 8 weeks free from work so I hope I can do more in embroidery,crochet.....